Date: 30 Dec 2019
Original Lang.: Arabic
An appeal to the public opinion/ Issued by ICSPR
Let us make 2020 the last year of the 21st century second decade, a happy ending of a dark decade
A new year, celebrated by the peoples of the world with roses and hopes for a better tomorrow. On this occasion, the International Commission to Support Palestinians’ Rights (ICSPR) wishes a happy new year to peoples of the world and to all countries that supported the right of the Palestinian people to self-determination, freedom and independence.
ICSPR reminds you that our Palestinian people are still suffering under the Israeli occupation, and their suffering is exacerbated by the continued implementation by the occupying state and its civilian and military agents alike, of intentionally committing extrajudicial killings, , including daily field executions in Jerusalem, the West Bank, and the Gaza Strip, initiating random campaigns of torture, torture of civilians in its prisons and checkpoints, Judaization, confiscation, and annexation of lands, through settlement expansion and construction of the Apartheid Wall, offset by the failure of the international community to implement provisions International legitimacy, and lift the injustice our people faces.
2020 overlooks and the Gaza Strip is still suffering from the siege and its inhumane effects, from restricting freedom of movement, deteriorating human conditions, high levels of poverty and unemployment, and deteriorating levels of services such as health, housing, education, and health.
On the Palestinian level, we remind all Palestinian political leaders that our people is still paying day and night the price of the abhorrent internal division, and the consequent building of a de facto political system that contravenes the provisions of the Basic Law and Palestinian legislation, which is evidenced by the absence of the role of the legislative authority in enacting laws and censoring the work of the executive authority, approving budgets and development plans, and the fragility of the judiciary, and the executive authority domination of all authorities.
In the name of all the displaced from their homes in refugee camps, the detainees who are imprisoned in the Israeli occupation prisons, the injured and those dreaming of self-determination and building an independent Palestinian state, in the name of all those, ICSPR demands the following:
- International bodies shoulder their responsibilities and obligations to implement and enforce the decisions issued by them that guarantee the right of the Palestinian people to self-determination, including decisions that confirm the illegality of the Israeli occupation and settlement, and work hard to activate the procedures stipulated in Chapter VI and VII of the Charter of the United Nations.
- Providing international protection to the Palestinian people from occupation crimes by taking appropriate measures to compel the occupation to respect the provisions of international humanitarian law and international human rights law.
- Expediting and activating the procedures of the International Criminal Court, by allowing the General Prosecutor of the Criminal Court to initiate a preliminary investigation to prosecute the perpetrators of the crimes described in the Rome regime and committed against the Palestinian people.
- Broadening the scope of solidarity campaigns with our Palestinian people and boycotting and isolating the occupation politically, economically, culturally and academically, including keenness to invest the energies of the Palestinian communities in expanding solidarity networks and boycotting the occupation and defending the Palestinian people’s right to self-determination.
- Promoting and guaranteeing the right of the Palestinians to oppose and resist the Israeli occupation by all available means, review the course of negotiations with the occupation, renounce security coordination, increase dependence on international mechanisms and decisions and strive to enforce them through appropriate and effective diplomatic work.
- Activating the role of Palestinian diplomacy at the regional, Islamic, and international levels to expose the violations of the occupation.
- Building an international network of solidarity with Palestinian prisoners and detainees in Israeli prisons and detention centers, supporting their struggles and promoting the slogan of whitening prison.
- Lifting the siege of the Gaza Strip, opening the crossings to the movement of people and goods and speeding up reconstruction, and making plans to solve the problems of poverty, unemployment, electricity, health and education.
- Stopping the policy of cutting and deducting the salaries of public sector employees, addressing the consequences thereof, and working to end and settle the financial dues of the families of the martyrs.
- Restoring national unity, and accelerating the procedures for organizing general elections in a way that contributes to rebuilding the Palestinian political system according to a new social contract based on democratic and participatory foundations, ensuring the separation of powers and the unity and independence of the judiciary.
This is an appeal of truth and justice, an appeal of the dreamers of a more beautiful tomorrow
All honest and loyal people must fulfill