Date: 19 Nov 2019
ICSPR: The US State Department clearly declares its contribution to the crimes of settlement and annexation.
The International Commission to Support Palestinians’ Rights (ICSPR) condemns in the strongest possible terms the announcement by US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Monday, 18 November 2019, that the Israeli colonial settlements do not violate international law.
The American Declaration aims to legitimize the colonial settlements and annexations committed by the Israeli occupation state in the West Bank and Jerusalem, which contradict the principle of the inadmissibility of annexing the occupied territories to the occupation state, which is considered by the jurists of international law as the most important principle established in the International law governing the relationship between the occupation state and the occupied territories.
ICSPR considers that this day is a black day in the history of humanity, and affirms that the American decision and the previous resolutions, such as the recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and the transfer of the American Embassy thereof, constitute a clear violation of international law and international humanitarian law, and holds the American administration the international responsibility, and considers that these decisions constitute a clear American contribution to the crimes of settlement and annexation. Therefore, ISCPR urges the Palestinian leadership to address this decision by building a new Palestinian strategy that does not depend on the course of negotiations, but rather to internationalize the conflict with the occupation and employ all the international legal instruments, including the right of peoples to resist the occupier, furthermore:
- ICSPR considers the new US declaration as a clear violation of the principles of international legitimacy and international humanitarian law and all international resolutions related to the Palestinian issue since its inception, especially the resolutions of the Security Council and the General Assembly on the city of Jerusalem.
- ICSPR emphasizes the importance of Palestinian, Arab and Islamic action to isolate and hold the United States and Israel accountable, and to act before international judicial bodies to hold the US and Israel and their leaders accountable for committing international crimes.
- ICSPR urges the international community and the free people around the world to condemn the US actions and resolutions, and to work on issuing a UN resolution to boycott Israel for not complying with UN resolutions, especially Security Council Resolution 2234 of 23 December 2016, which declares the illegality of Israeli settlements.
- ICSPR calls on the Arab League and the Organization of the Islamic Conference to initiate international, political, diplomatic and legal actions to hold the US administration and Israel accountable for their actions against the Palestinian people.
- ICSPR calls on the Palestinian leadership to internationalize the conflict with the occupation, stop the Palestinian-Israeli negotiations, end the security coordination, withdrawal the recognition of the occupation state, accelerate the steps of national reconciliation, including the organization of general elections and the lifting of sanctions on the Gaza Strip, and strengthen steadfastness of citizens.