Date: 12 Nov 2019
A serious and rogue Israeli military escalation, the assassination of the commander of the Eastern Province in Al-Quds Brigades and his wife.
The International Commission calls upon the international community to act immediately to stop the Israeli occupation crimes in the Gaza Strip
The International Commission to Support Palestinians’ Rights (ICSPR) follows with great condemnation and concern the escalation of the Israeli occupation forces and its military operations in the Gaza Strip since the dawn hours on Tuesday, 12 November 2019, where the first crime was the assassination of the citizen: Bahaa Abu Al-Ataya (42 years), commander of the Eastern Province in Al-Quds Brigades, the armed wing of the Islamic Jihad Movement in Palestine, in the same time of targeting the house of the leader of the Islamic Jihad movement, Mr.: Akram Al-Ajouri, in the Syrian capital, killing his son, and bombing a number of civilian facilities, apartments and residential buildings, resulting in injuring a number of Palestinian civilians.
ICSPR condemns in the strongest possible terms the ongoing Israeli escalation and targeting of Palestinian civilians and their civilian property in the Gaza Strip and intimidating them, and confirms that the escalation violates the international law and fears it to be a prelude to a wider and more comprehensive aggression, and stresses the right of the Palestinian people to resist the occupation, and warnings of the increasing escalation of crimes committed by the Israeli occupation forces against Palestinian civilians in the Gaza Strip, which threatens to cause more casualties. Therefore, ICSPR demands the following:
• ICSPR considers the continuation of the conspiracy of silence by the international community on the crimes of the Israeli occupation to be a green light for the occupation to continue its crimes against civilians and their property in the Gaza Strip.
• ICSPR calls on the Human Rights Council to meet in a special session to discuss the situation in the Gaza Strip and take serious steps to stop the aggression.
• ICSPR calls on the international community, especially the Contracting States to the Fourth Geneva Convention, to intervene immediately and provide international protection for the Palestinians, stop the Israeli escalation and war crimes against them, and hold the Israeli leaders accountable for their crimes.
• ICSPR calls upon the peoples of the world and those who stand ın solidarity with the Palestinian people and who love justice and peace to intensify their popular movement peacefully in solidarity with civilians in the Gaza Strip and pressure their governments to take urgent action to stop the aggression and support the taking of meaningful international steps to hold the Israeli occupation accountable for its crimes.
• ICSPR calls on the ICC Prosecutor Fatou Bensouda to initiate an investigation into the crimes and grave violations committed by the Israeli occupation against civilians and civilian facilities in the Gaza Strip.